Get Involved with AFS
Invest in a Foster Youth
AFS strives to make sure every youth we care for has access to critical resources that will help them become independent and thriving individuals in their communities. There are many ways individuals, community organizations, and corporations can have a positive impact on the youth and families cared for by AFS in Northern California.
Every child AFS cares for should have access to critical needs and services to help them thrive.
Once in care, AFS provides critical needs and services that are only available with funding from grants and donations such as tutoring, enrichment, therapy tools, transitional housing supplies, and certain school-related expenses.
Examples of Critical Needs
- $5000 - emergency placement kits for 50 newly placed foster youth to ease their transition
- $2500 - housing assistance for 6 Transition Age Youth (TAY) who are striving for independence
- $1500 - 80 hours of intensive services for foster youth with serious developmental disabilities
- $500 - 20 backpacks for foster kids to go to school with confidence
- $250 - 3 car seats to transport our youngest foster kids to therapeutic visits with their family
- $50 - enrichment fees for one foster youth to provide a therapeutic outlet and build self-esteem
"Extracurricular participation was associated with better mental health in boys and girls. Two or more hours of screen use after school was linked to poorer mental health, especially for girls. Mental health was best when youth participated in extracurriculars and also had shorter screen time." Science Daily, Nov. 2020
Ways to Contribute
- Direct donations
- Corporate foundation support
- Cause-related marketing promotions
- Consumer donations
- Corporate fundraisers and third-party events
AFS Education Campaign (July-August)
Health equity is at the pinnacle of our mission and we must ensure that all AFS Foster Youth are fully equipped with the tools and resources necessary for a successful education. Individuals, community organizations, and corporations can support a foster youth's education by donating funds, backpacks, and school supplies.
AFS Holiday Campaign (November-December)
THANK YOU SPONSORS!