Mental Health Clinician Wanted - Oakland, CA
The Mental Health Clinician serves abused and neglected children by diagnosing, developing treatments plans and by providing counseling and advocacy for foster youth in our Bay Area communities. You can help provide safety and stability to some of the most vulnerable children and families as a Mental Health Clinician at AFS.
Mental Health Clinician - Oakland
Wake up knowing that you're making a difference! With a starting salary of $58,000 ($60,000 if bilingual in Spanish) you will earn supervised hours for licensure in a dynamic and growing mission-driven agency. In this full-time role you will be fully trained in Medi-Cal documentation, become certified in CANS Assessments, and gain the client and case management hours needed for licensure as an LCSW, MFT, or LPCC.
Our Alameda, Solano & Contra Costa County based Mental Health program is designed to provide children in the child welfare or juvenile justice system and their families with community based and/or in-home therapeutic services. This program is based on a culturally relevant, family-centered, strength-based approach to treatment. We provide extensive training, clinical supervision and support for a job that will develop you professionally and reward you personally.
About Alternative Family Services
Alternative Family Services is a Foster Family, Adoption and Mental Health Agency that has been serving abused and neglected children in our community since 1973. Our mission is to support vulnerable children and families in need of stability, safety, and well-being in communities. We provide a wide range of foster, adoption, mental health and transition-aged youth services in English and Spanish. We have eight locations throughout the Bay Area including Oakland and over 225 employees. We celebrate diversity, equal opportunity, and excellence.
- Flexible schedule for client days: Monday-Friday, or Tuesday-Saturday(additional $5,000 annual stipend)
- Starting salary of $58,000 annually ($60,000 if bilingual in Spanish and English)
- Stipend to support licensure process and outside training
- Various in-house training on modalities including family therapy, play therapy, trauma-informed practices, culturally responsive practices, Triple P Positive Parenting, early childhood mental health, navigating the child welfare system, and other evidence-based models such as CBT and DBT
- Monthly productivity incentives
- We qualify as a public service loan forgiveness agency
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Benefits package which includes:
- Flex-spending options
- Life and disability insurance
- 403(b) option
- 11 paid holidays including your birthday off
- Generous Vacation accrual
- Generous Sick Time accrual
- Conduct assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan development to each client on caseload
- Provide counseling, intake, clinical case management, advocacy, linkage, support, and individual and family therapy for clients and families
- Document delivery of service via daily progress notes
- Maintain client charts to ensure compliance with Medi-Cal regulations
Needed Upon Hire
- B.B.S. Registered MFT/ACSW Intern or Licensed
- Ability to obtain fingerprint and government background clearances
- Experience with in-home or community based services for children and families and working with kids who are on probation or wards of the juvenile court preferred
- Proven track record of implementing evidenced based or evidenced based informed models of service delivery
- Experience in social services and non-profit organizations preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with EPSDT Medi-Cal funded programs a plus
- Experience with Wraparound preferred
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required
We utilize a community based model of care, in which you will work in the community and within foster homes throughout the Bay Area. All of our Clinicians must possess a valid CA driver’s license, valid automobile insurance with his/her name on the verification card as an insured driver on the policy at all times, and must have daily access to a personal vehicle maintained in safe working order.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of Ancestry, Age, Color, Disability, Genetic Information, Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Marital status, Medical condition, Military or veteran status, National origin, Race, Religion, Sex, or Sexual orientation.